Faculty of Economics and Business Studies of Granada University
- Profesor Clavera, s/n, 18011 Granada
- Alberto de Pineda, Juan Carlos García de Reyes, Marc Gomà, Ariadna Pérez, M. Àngels Manchado, María Ballesteros
This centre was created in 1934 as the Granada School of Commerce and, since then, has suffered several extensions to adapt to the growing numbers of students and teaching staff. The current action involves extending and renovating the existing building and the construction of a new one.
The extended volume is aligned with the original building and a direct relation is created with the structure and materials. The new building is composed in parallel with that existing and they communicate directly by a bridge. The structure of this building is open to the exterior to be used, also, as solar protection for the interior. The project also includes urbanization of the area with new routes for pedestrians and wheeled traffic.